How Can I Effectively Workout from Home without Equipment?
At Train With Danny, our Los Angeles personal trainer believes you can turn any space into a pop-up gym because our bodies are made for movement.
No matter your existing fitness level or goals, working out from home — even without a single piece of equipment — can transform couch time into fitness sessions with ease.
Here’s how to get started.
Your Body is the Perfect Piece of Workout Equipment
If sports taught us anything growing up, it is that you can run, jump, and extend your body all without being the one who is controlling the action.
The same is true for working out from home, even when you do not have any equipment.
Some of the most basic workouts have significant benefits and can help you start moving more, so you will begin craving new ways to get fit.
They include some great old standbys:
- Jumping jacks
- Standing Lunges and Walking Lunges
- Hip Extensions and Hip Rotations
- Forward and Side Leg Swings
If you are looking for a few fresh ideas for working out from home, try these energizing and toning options:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and your arms extended by your sides
- Push through your feet, brace your core, and raise your bottom off the ground until your hips are fully extended, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat
- Lie on your stomach with your arms extended overhead by your ears
- Lift your chest, arms, and legs off the floor and squeeze your glutes
- Flutter your arms and legs up and down while keeping them off the floor
- Get down on all fours, ensuring your knees are underneath your hips, and your hands are directly underneath your shoulders
- Keep your neck straight and simultaneously extend your left arm and right leg, keeping your hips square to the ground, pausing for two seconds upon extension
- Return to the start position, and repeat with your right arm and left leg
- Start standing up, then squat down and kick your legs out
- Complete a push-up, bring your legs back in, and explode up into a jump
Be sure to warm up and cool down before and after each workout, even if you only plan to be active for 20 minutes. Proper stretching can help keep you safe during your movements, which will keep you coming back for more.
Train With Danny On-Demand, in Live Classes, or During Personal Sessions
We believe fitness is for everyone but understand that sometimes it is hard to get motivated without direction. If music isn’t enough to light your workout candle, we have a solution.
Our Los Angeles County personal trainer is certified through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and brings over a decade of experience directly to you — in your home, office, or even outdoor space — with on-demand workouts and live classes with no equipment necessary.
If you are seeking a more focused approach to achieve overall wellness solutions, contact us today to learn more about the transformative benefits of partnering with a personal trainer in Los Angeles.